Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Surprise Going Away Party!

 
I was contacted by my friend Julie, who I previously made a barbershop themed cake for here and was asked to make some (other) kind of barbershop themed cake.  It was for a surprise going away party for Bill and Dean, two members of the Sioux Emperians chorus as well as bass and baritone from The Siouxland Vocal Band, respectively.  I had wanted to do something that looked classic, so I used this as my inspiration (thanks to Dave's great idea):
 
 

 
And this was the finished product:
 
 
Yes, I did cut their pictures out of a professional photo of the group and put them on the cake.  Creepy?  You bet!  It seemed to go over pretty well though.  The cake itself was a caramel mocha marble with a peanut-butterscotch whipped cream cheese frosting. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment